- One can (28 oz) La Valle San Marzano Tomatoes
- One Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- One Tablespoons Monte Lauro Homemade Basil Pesto
- Two Tablespoons Carli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One Pinch Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Heavy bottom pot add olive oil and diced onions.
- Caramelize onions on low heat
- While onions are sweating either crush the tomatoes by hand or blend in food processor or blender till smooth
- Add pepper flakes and pesto
- Cook on medium heat for 1 min.
- Add your tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Once sauce reaches a boil lower to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and pepper and serve